- Site Content
- This Site is for your personal and noncommercial use. All contents of this Site are: © J. Alexander's Corporation. All rights reserved. 'J. ALEXANDER'S' and the J. Alexander's logo are trademarks of J. Alexander's. This Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks, service marks, trade dress and other proprietary content, including but not limited to text, software, sound, photographs, buttons, images, logos, video and graphics (the 'Content'), and the entire selection, coordination, arrangement and 'look and feel' of this Site and the Content are copyrighted as a collective work under United States copyright laws (collectively, 'Intellectual Property Rights'). Neither these Terms nor your use of this Site transfers any right, title or interest in the Site or the Content to you, and J. Alexander's and its third party licensors retain all of its and their respective right, title and interest to the Site and Content.
- Except as provided in these Terms, you may not use, modify, republish, frame, print, display, perform, reproduce, license, transfer, sell, assign, post, transmit, distribute, reverse engineer, create derivative works from, or otherwise exploit any Content or information from this Site, in whole or in part, without the express written permission of J. Alexander's.
- Menu Items
A reference to menu item on this Site does not imply that such menu item is or will be available in your location. J. Alexander's reserves the right, without prior notice and without incurring any obligations, to discontinue or change its menu and locations.
- Career Opportunities
All information on the Site is subject to change without notice, including but not limited to information regarding job opportunities. Any employment-related information on the Site does not represent an offer of employment.
- Securities Information
Stock quotes and other stock information are provided by third parties, and J. Alexander's does not confirm the accuracy of such information prior to its appearance on this Site. This information is provided for informational purposes only, and is not intended for trading purposes. J. Alexander's does not guarantee the sequence, accuracy, or completeness of any stock price information or other data displayed, nor shall any such party be liable in any way for any delays, inaccuracies, errors in, or omission of any such information or data or the transmission thereof, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. In addition, this Site may contain forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Certain statements made by J. Alexander's which are not historical facts may be considered forward-looking statements, including without limitation, statements as to trends, management's beliefs, expectations and opinions, which are based upon a number of assumptions concerning future conditions that ultimately may prove to be inaccurate. Such forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties and may be affected by various factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. For further information that could cause actual results to differ from J. Alexander's expectations as well as other factors that could affect J. Alexander's financial statements, please refer to J. Alexander's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Other Sites, Third Party Content
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, THIS SITE AND ALL CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THIS SITE, ARE PROVIDED ON AN 'AS IS, WHERE IS' AND 'AS AVAILABLE' BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS. J. ALEXANDER'S EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND SECURITY AND ACCURACY, AS WELL AS ALL WARRANTIES ARISING BY USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. J. ALEXANDER'S MAKES NO WARRANTY, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY OBLIGATION, THAT THE CONTENT OF THE SITE WILL BE UP-TO-DATE, COMPLETE, COMPREHENSIVE OR ACCURATE.
- Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL J. ALEXANDER'S BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCREASED OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA, GOODWILL OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS, OR USE OF THIS SITE, EVEN IF J. ALEXANDER'S HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES. CONSEQUENTLY, SOME OF THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Governing Law and Venue
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee, without regard to its choice-of-laws provisions. You agree that any action arising out of or relating in any way to your use of this Site may be commenced only in the state or federal courts in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Collection of Information Use of Information. In connection with your use of the Site, J. Alexander's may collect the following types of information from you:
- Anonymous Information: Anonymous Information is aggregate data that websites use to administer their sites. It may include such information as your browser type or your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and may include the use of 'cookies'. J. Alexander's may from time to time retain third parties to help us collect and aggregate Site customer information.
- Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information is any information that personally identifies you, such as your name, email address or your telephone number. Sometimes this personal information is needed when you transact business with J. Alexander's or when you contact us. We may ask you to provide us with personal information on a voluntary basis in certain areas of our Site. In particular, you may be asked to provide the following information:
Employment Information. From time to time, J. Alexander's may post links allowing visitors to the Site to apply for employment with J. Alexander's. In the process of applying for any position, we may ask for certain personal information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, prior work history, etc.
Gift Cards. We offer visitors to this Site the opportunity to purchase certain items, including without limitation, gift cards. In order to purchase gift cards, we ask for certain information, such as name and email address, credit card information, shipping address, phone number, etc.
Email Correspondence. Scattered throughout the Site are links or forms that can be used to contact J. Alexander's so you can comment, make a complaint, make suggestions and ask questions. Your email address is required on these forms so we can answer your questions.
- Use of Information. J. Alexander's uses the information it collects in the following ways:
- Personally Identifiable Information: 'Personally Identifiable Information' collected by J. Alexander's may be used for purposes including administration of the Site and communications with you, to process purchases of gift cards, to accept resumes for employment, or other purposes as may be indicated at the time of disclosure. In all cases, however, J. Alexander's will only use your information as permitted by law. J. Alexander's also may disclose Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or if J. Alexander's in good faith believes that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law or with legal process; (b) protect and defend J. Alexander's' rights and property; (c) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the Site; or (d) protect the personal safety or property of J. Alexander's' users or the public. Please note that J. Alexander's may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
- Security. Security of information communicated by or to J. Alexander's over the Internet is of utmost concern to J. Alexander's; unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that email, like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to J. Alexander's. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to J. Alexander's that you consider confidential. While J. Alexander's strives to protect your personal information, J. Alexander's cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to J. Alexander's or through the Site, and you do so at your own risk.
- Disclosure of Information Through Business Transfers. As J. Alexander's continues to develop its business, J. Alexander's may buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses, and in so doing, acquire customer information. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. Similarly, in the event that a portion or substantially all of J. Alexander's' assets are sold or transferred to a third party, customer information (including your email address) would likely be one of the transferred business assets.
- Modifications to Terms
J. Alexander's may change these Terms from time to time. Please review these Terms periodically for any updates or changes. Your continued use of this Site following the posting of any updates or changes to these Terms constitutes your acceptance of such changes. If you object to any provision of these Terms or any subsequent modifications to these Terms, your only recourse is to immediately terminate use of the Site.
You hereby acknowledge (a) that you have read and understood these Terms, and (b) that these Terms have the same force and effect as a signed agreement.
- Termination of Access
J. Alexander's reserves the right to modify or terminate your access to the Site (or portions of the Site) at any time, temporarily or permanently, with or without notice to you, and is not obligated to support or update the Site. Sections 1, 4, 5, 6-9, this Section 12, and 13-14 of these Terms shall survive any termination.
If any provision in these Terms is found by a court or arbitrator to be invalid, the parties agree that the court or arbitrator should give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. J. Alexander's' failure to act with respect to a breach by any visitor using the Site does not constitute a waiver of its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. These Terms and any modifications to the foregoing constitute the entire agreement between the parties with regard to the subject matter in these Terms and supersede all prior understandings and agreements, whether written or oral, as to such subject matter.
- Contact Information
If you have any questions about these Terms, the practices of J. Alexander's, or your dealings with this Site, please contact J. Alexander's through the address below. You may also contact J. Alexander's to update your personal information by notifying J. Alexander's when you change your name or email address.
J. Alexander's Corporation
[P.O Box 24300]
Nashville, Tennessee 37202
Last Updated: July 12, 2012